We are excited to introduce you to Team Las Vegas – University of Nevada, Las Vegas’ Solar Decathlon team. Our selection as one of twenty teams in the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon 2013 is a triumph for UNLV and Nevada. We are thrilled to participate in this prestigious international competition.
Our success thus far is a testament to our innovative curriculum, dedicated faculty and students, and strong community partnerships, but we need your help to continue moving forward.
Your sponsorship is an investment in current students and future generations. Your support will continue to impact Las Vegas in the following ways:
- Diversifying our economy
- Creating an educated workforce
- Extending research opportunities in renewable energy
- Educating the community about energy-efficient design and living
- Positioning UNLV and Las Vegas on an international stage with other renowned universities
We are excited about the countless opportunities and visibility the competition offers, not only for UNLV,
but for you as well. Solar Decathlon 2011 held in Washington, D.C. received:
- 2,000,000,000 media impressions
- 6,000,000 website page views
- 250 articles in 150 print publications
- 1200 online articles
- 357,000 visitors to the homes in 10 days during competition
Please join us as we endeavor to make UNLV a leader in the fields of solar power, renewable energy, water management, and other sustainability initiatives. We need help with:
- Monetary support
- Donation of materials
- Professional mentoring
We hope to welcome you as a partner of Team Las Vegas as we strive to win the competition!